The dentists and their team are accustomed to and trained in best practice of cross infection control measures.
We have brought in extra measures in the current situation to ensure the safety of all of our patients and staff.
· We will contact our patients before their appointment to check they are all well.
· We are requesting that our patients come to their appointment unaccompanied if possible to minimise the number of people in the building at any time.
· We will be using an infrared thermometer to check patient temperatures upon arrival.
· We are asking our patients to use the hand sanitiser gel at reception on arrival.
· We have 2 waiting rooms and will use both of those and will manage our diaries to have minimal waiting times.
· We will keep our waiting room doors open for minimal contact.
· We will have a contactless reception system for payments and for insurance form processing.
· We are scheduling extra time in between patients for additional sanitisation procedures.
· We will have dedicated sessions for vulnerable patients
· The team will have additional PPE to use when necessary.
We have made some additional operative changes in accordance with guidance from the FGDP. We will, for example, be asking our patients to rinse with an anti-viral mouthwash prior to having hygienist treatments, fillings etc.